More list items that don’t have anything to do with each other, really, and thereby probably have no justification for being thrown together on a single list except man, nobody cares, let’s just get this on:
- I found out on Friday afternoon, through the relentless enthusiastic persuasion of a sort-of boss and the glory of the Internet, that I passed the certification exam I took in early February (so I can stop having disappointment-laden heart attacks every time I see a small envelope in the mail for me). These exams aren’t exactly *difficult*– but this is a field I’ve only worked in since the end of September and both times, I never had any significant hands-on experience with the subject material and I declined to sign up for the exam training sessions. That last bit worried me the most; I thought work might get a little squiffy if I ended up failing the exams and wish I hadn’t been so arrogant ("But maybe if you’d signed up for the training sessions, you would have passed!"). The other two co-workers who took the exam the same day I did have been with the co. for a couple of *years*. So– so this is a big deal for me. This is a HUGE deal for me. And because it’s kind of hard to explain (quickly) *why* this is such a big deal for me, I haven’t directly told anyone yet. Because I am really, really happy about this but as far as the normal world is concerned, it’s not like this was the EIT or the PE. So… yeah.
- Saw "The King of California" and "The Darjeeling Limited" last night. Was skeptical about the first one; I’d seen it in Target and the back had sounded interesting, but when I was thinking about it again last night, I was worried it would been too drama-y, too heavy on the screwy family relationships, etc. It turned out to be GREAT and actually rather hilarious. "Darjeeling" was… Wes Anderson. What more is there to say? I loved Jason Schwartzman’s desperate line: "Stop including me!!" as he maced his brothers and ran away.
- Am finding out, slowly, that some friends– *local* friends– actually read this thing. I’m not *shocked*– it’s not rocket science to find this (I link to it on the other sites and the last time I checked, it still comes up as the first hit in both Google and Y! if you run a search on my full name, to my great annoyance– but hey, that’s why I self-censor)– but it *was* news to me. But, like Megan, it isn’t a vanity thing. It just helps me to know, when we’re catching up, just exactly how much I need to catch them up on.
- I had to bail on the Dance-A-Thon this weekend because of midterm
reviews and what-not. So I vowed to finally finish designing and coding
these two project sites since I’ll actually be home today and tomorrow,
right? And then I remembered that it’s coming on a year since *this*
site’s redesign, which means this current look is about 10 months too
- Dreamed about two of them last night. One was moving back and the other decided to reform and stop being such a douchey asshole. Or, well, to re-reform, then. Which in real life will probably never happen, which saddens me if only because I have never been as embarrassed in my life the way I am by his behavior.
From the start of this post to right now, I managed to eat 3/4 a box of Vanilla Almond Special K. I don’t know if this says more about my cereal eating habits or my inability to pay more than five consecutive minutes of attention to writing these posts.