6 arbitrary items I simply didn’t feel like posting in the Annex:
- It is solidly overcast this morning and all I can think is: San Francisco. I’m heartsick for the Bay Area right now.
- Ever since I was a kid, I thought that "Down by the banks…" hand-clapping song ended with "Hey Mister Lily Pad–". It wasn’t until yesterday that it dawned on me: the words are "He missed the lily pad–". Random.
- Fricking FREEZING right now. Is it really this cold, or is my body just fucked up again?
- I like the phrases "booking it" and "hoofing it." I like muttering to myself as I’m waiting at a red light on my way to the parking garage, "Goddamn, I’m going to have to book/hoof it across campus to get to class on time."
- I love blues dancing, and I make no apologies for that.
- Probably the best compliment on Friday was when that woman assumed S. and I were a couple, or at least had been dancing together for several years (we’d actually only met less than a week before and had only danced together a few times prior to that night).
Can’t wait until mid-March, when evenings and weekends will more or less be all mine again. Boom-shaka-laka-BOOM! (Or something.)
Aside from the "hmm, ew" Web searches that show up in my Stats/Referrals page, every once in a while something noteworthy comes along.
I had a really great (read: not great) post lined up about shoes, but, screw it. I’m running late for a gym session.
So. In response to TS’ comments about my bloggy-doo-logs:
6 things I tend to make up:
- The amount of sleep I actually get (or don’t get)
- My readership. I said I only have four readers? I actually have seven. But two of them are imaginary and another only reads this because I’m paying by the hit count for it, and that’s why I say four.
- My ability to follow-through
- My ability to count
6 things I indeed have not made up:
- That motherloving huge-ass spider
- My overachiever of a fridge
- How fan-smacking-tastic my hair smells
- I really do still have Vox invites. They keep "replenishing my stock." (They like me! Ooh.)
- My obsessive and overanalytical list-making tendencies
- My really crappy judgment when it comes to falling for guys, and my still-kind-of crappy ability to get over them, already
- The expedited rate at which I lose pens and bobby pins
6 names "TS" could potentially stand for:
- Tobias Smith
- T.S. Eliot
- Trustworthy Source
- Tate Shakespeare (Will’s half-brother’s great-great-great-etc. grandson)
Well, whomever you happen to be, TS, thanks for the referral. Hopefully it’ll bump me up to a whopping five readers! I’m hoping to push 10 by the end of this year. Let’s hit some goals!! Core values rock.
BONUS! Since it was mentioned in that entry:
- The more I blog, the more I find myself keeping an eye out on a daily basis for blog material, and just from simple observation do I discover a wealth of items to post to my blog.
"Blog," used three times in one (albeit complex) sentence, as a verb, adjective and noun. Though I guess something more concise could go like:
- Sometimes I blog about blog tools, but never on Xanga because that is my emo blog.
6 things my apartment could use or is presently lacking:
- Air conditioning
- A resident ghost (it’s a historic building! Come on!)
- Tables of various utility
- A kitchen bigger than the current one that I don’t actually ever use
- A trampoline, right underneath the vaulted (~20 ft. high) skylight
- Goddamn underground parking
6 activities I do not "do well with others":
- Work out, especially at the gym
- Share my kitchen while cooking
- Go grocery or clothes shopping
- Rob banks
- Play solitaire
6 lowlights of the San Diego urban living experience:
- Drunk people throwing up outside your building on weekend nights
- (Usually) drunk people pissing *on* your building, pretty much every night
- The charming aroma of sewage drifting up through the sidewalk grates
- No street parking. Anywhere! Ever!
- Everything is overpriced because this is really just one big tourist trap
- The dance clubs close between 1-1:30. On the weekends. For serious, wtf??
6 books everyone (except me) seems to be reading these days:
- The Time Traveler’s Wife (Audrey Niffenegger)
- The Virgin Suicides (Jeffrey Eugenides)
- Cloud Atlas (David Mitchell)
- The Kite Runner (Khaled Hosseini)
- Life of Pi (Yann Martel)
- Everything from Oprah’s Book Club
6 highly popular links at the moment:
- Panda kindergarten
- Seemingly phallic sports cover page photo (and the defending argument)
- "A Meditation on the Speed Limit" (the approaching shot from the freeway bridge is incredible)
- The Marimba Ponies (kids aged 4-12 performing without a conductor, it’s mind-blowing)
- The Definitive Shake soundboard (the Drizzle Rant is particularly coo)
- Personal air vehicle! (a.k.a., flying car)
6 (grown-up) books I am currently reading or just finished reading:
- Bee Season (Myla Goldberg)
- The Penelopiad (Margaret Atwood) – finished
- I Never Promised You a Rose Garden (Joanne Greenberg)
- The Blind Assassin (Margaret Atwood)
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven (Mitch Albom) – finished
- I lied. I don’t have a sixth book. Books I finished a good while ago: Oryx & Crake (Margaret Atwood), The Secret Life of Bees (Sue Monk Kidd), The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (Mark Haddon), Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell (Susannah Clarke), every single book David Sedaris has penned
And 666 is the mark of the beast:
6 Kitchen Tools I Can’t Live Without (silverware excluded):
- Silicon spatula
- Wooden spoon
- Can opener
- Vegetable peeler
- Flat spatula
- A quality chef’s knife/santoku
6 Things I Will Not Be Doing This Weekend:
- Washing my car
- Complaining that it’s way too hot, turn up the damn A/C already
- Buying pantyhose
- Getting blitzed
- Rooting for the Steelers (when I’m particular to neither team in a game, I usually cheer for the underdogs, but after this whole Joey Porter incident, screw you, Steelers; I love the city of Seattle, anyway)
- Mud wrestling at Gilly’s. Though it’s tempting.
6 Oddish Nicknames I’ve Had (in some cases, still have) And Liked: